PIXMA MG2550S Support – Download drivers, software
Canon PIXMA MG2550s - An entry-level accessory for Canon’s most recent selection of multifunction printers, the actual PIXMA MG2550S is smaller and lighter in weight than the predecessor, the particular MG2250, with an impact of 42 x 30 x 14 centimeters and a weight regarding just 3.5kg.
As they are the norm together with modern Canon models, the look is lightweight and perfect for any desk, although the paper input and cartridge pockets no longer offering at the front (since they do on the particular MG2250) will make it tough to place on shelves.
The MG2550S retains a maximum of 60 sheets and characteristics basic one-touch regulates for simple printing. Velocity is comparable to comparable models: 7 pages per minute inside black and six web pages per minute in mono. Shade photos (10 x 15 CM) take about 50 seconds in order to print, which is more rapidly than several rival equipment. A maximum printing resolution associated with 4800 x 600 dots per inch allows for high quality prints both in photos and paperwork.
Scanning is particularly fast on this kind of machine, getting less than 15 mere seconds to scan photographs and documents from the computer together with decent outcomes at Twelve hundred x 2400 dpi. The particular copier is simply as effective, printing black-and-white web pages in 20 just a few seconds and color inside 47 seconds.
Eating just 8W whenever running and 2W on life, and performing just 48dB (A), the actual printer is also probably the most efficient and quiet PIXMAs on the marketplace.
Multifunction printers or perhaps devices, commonly shortened to 'MFP' or even 'MFD', are built-in imaging systems including a number of important functionalities including printing, photocopying and scanning.
Most contemporary MFP methods offer wireless marketing capabilities and are of help for a selection of applications within small, moderate or big offices. And multi-function printers are usually internet prepared for simplicity of file sharing.
Big multifunction printers vary from their 'desktop' brethren in that they offer top rates for printing both in mono and color, along with large manufacturing machines, like the Sharp MX-M110, being able to handle roughly 110 WEBPAGES per minute.
They're also space-saving devices, enabling one big unit for those printing requirement through the office, instead of possessing lots of person printing machines spread. Having 1 central multi-function printer for the entire office isn't only more convenient and successful but also a far more sensible way of printing in the workplace.
MFPs would be the 'heavyweight' machines inside their category and are made to withstand the actual rigors of a hectic office or business environment, conference large amount printing requirements. A few of the top MFP printer suppliers, such as Sharp and Canon, score well in their industry and focus on quality and durability. That’s all about Canon PIXMA MG2550s.
- Model Numbers MG2550S,MG2555S¹
- Functions Print, Copy, Scan
- Print Resolution Up to 4800¹ x 600 dpi
- Print Technology 2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour)
- Mono Print Speed Approx. 8.0 ipm¹
- Colour Print Speed Approx. 4.0 ipm¹
- Borderless Printing Not available
- Two Sided Printing Manual operation
- Standard Ink Cartridges PG-545 (Black),CL-546 (Colour)
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges PG-545XL (Black),CL-546XL (Colour)
- Cartridge Yield (Plain paper) A4 colour documents printing¹,Black: 180 pages,Black XL: 400 pages,Colour: 180 pages,Colour XL: 300 pages
- Paper Types Plain Paper,Envelopes,Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201),Photo Paper Glossy "Everyday Use" (GP-501)
- Maximum Paper Input Rear tray: Max. 60 sheets (plain paper)
- Paper Sizes Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal,Photo paper: 10x15cm, 13x18cm,Envelopes: DL, COM10
- Paper Weight Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m²,Canon photo paper: up to 275 g/m²
- Scanner Type CIS flatbed photo and document scanner
- Scanner Resolution (Optical) 600 x 1200 dpi¹
- A4 Scan Speed Approx. 14 seconds¹
- Scanning Depth (Input / Output),Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit,Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit
- Maximum Document Size 216 x 297 mm
- Copy Speed sFCOT: Approx. 31 seconds¹,sESAT: Approx. 1.6 ipm¹
- Multiple Copy 21 copies (max.)
- Copy Functions Document copying (plain paper)
- Display Type & Size No display
- Interface Type - PC / Mac Hi-Speed USB (B Port)
- Supported Operating Systems Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (including Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8,Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1,Windows Vista SP2,Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only),Note: For Windows, .NET Framework 4 or .NET Framework 4.5 is required.,For Windows XP, XPS Essentials Pack is required.,Mac OS X v10.7.5 to Mac OS X v10.11
- Minimum System Requirements,Windows: 3.1GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8,Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5,Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Software Included,MP Driver including Scanning Utility,My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print¹,Quick Menu,Easy-WebPrint EX (download)²
- Weight Approx. 3.5 kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 426 x 306 x 145mm
- Operating Temperature 5-35°C
- Operating Humidity 10-90%RH (no dew condensation)
- Power Source AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption,Off: Approx. 0.4 W,Standby (connected to PC via USB): Approx. 1.0 W (scanning lamp off),Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 1.0 W (scanning lamp off),Time to enter Standby mode: 7 minutes,Copying: Approx. 9 W¹
Canon PIXMA MG2550s Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2550s Driver & Software Download - Windows, Macwww.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2550s Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|MG2550s/MG2500s series MP Drivers – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||19.45 MB||Download|
|MG2550s/MG2500s series XPS Printer Driver – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.70||17.65 MB||Download|
|MG2550s/MG2500s series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.00||1.45 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||4.00||7.42 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.20||4.40 MB||Download|
|MG2550s/MG2500s series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.20||1.23 MB||Download|
|MG2550s/MG2500s series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||4.00||1.35 MB||Download|
|MG2550s/MG2500s series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.20||1.20 MB||Download|
|MG2550s/MG2500s series CUPS Printer Driver – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||18.104.22.168||13.63 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.0||2.24 MB||Download|
|MG2550s/MG2500s series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.1||368.42 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver – (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.40 MB||Download|
|MG2550s/MG2500s series CUPS Printer Driver – (OS X 10.6)||22.214.171.124||15.48 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.16 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||298.53 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21.48 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102.17 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden – (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||297.83 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu – (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.38 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility – (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20.23 MB||Download|
|My Printer – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.55 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||14.53 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||57.54 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293.18 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.21 MB||Download|
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG2550s
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG2550s by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your PIXMA MG2550s without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG2550s . If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG2550s using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG2550s.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG2550s and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG2550s for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG2550s Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG2550s or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG2550s printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG2550s.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG2550s printer.
Method 3: Canon MG2550s Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG2550s using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG2550s printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG2550s to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG2550s using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG2550s printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2550s to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG2550s. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2550s to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG2550s is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG2550s for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG2550s, the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.