Canon PIXMA MG2450 Multi-Function Inkjet Printer- The past few several weeks have seen the particular emergence from the first all-in-one printer that amounted to under £20 (about $26, AU$34) delivered. That is quite a task given exactly how expensive couriering and emailing are.
The particular Canon PIXMA MG2450, which is previously more than 24 weeks old, generally costs about £25 but a chit from well-known online merchant EBUYER regularly provides the price right down to £19.99 including shipping. (Note that this particular review unit from the Canon PIXMA MG2450 was given by EBUYER).
For that cost you get a operating, brand new printer detailed with cartridges however no USB cable television; in an period of cost-cutting, which reaches just to be anticipated. Other clear missing features range from the lack of the network interface, no Wi-Fi, absolutely no borderless/duplex printing, no credit card readers and absolutely no display, and this product uses 2 cartridges instead of one. There appears to be a good unspoken regulation in printing - a primary correlation among size or even weight and the buying price of your gadget. At 3.5kg, this particular Canon effort is light than a few laptops we have reviewed and its footprint, hardly larger than a good A3 sheet, can make it ideal for the cramped workplace in small office/home office surroundings.
A cartridge with multi-pack (CL-546 and Canon PG-545) cost under £17 (close to $22, AU$29) but all of them will print simply 180 pages. Change it for that more expensive yet bigger PG-545XL and CL-546XL mix for £25.95 (close to $34, AU$45) to get close to 400 web pages and 300 pages.
To set that inside perspective, a complete set of XL tubes is actually higher priced than the printer by itself. Also be aware that using an excessive amount of one particular color means that you can have to change an entire shade cartridge in order to get the total set once again.
Accessing the particular cartridges to be able to swap these is also an instead convoluted physical exercise. You will have difficulty inserting both cartridges for those who have fat hands.
The MG2450 includes a CD that contains the guide in PDF format along with a number of resources which fluctuate in terms of their particular usefulness (Fast Menu, My Printer, Easy-WEBPRINT Ex lover, My Image Garden and Easy-PHOTOPRINT Ex).
Needlessly to say you don't need to put in any of them to acquire your printer to operate properly. The newest printer driver and software package may also be downloaded directly from Canon's support page; the most recent one days from Jan 2016. That’s all about Canon PIXMA MG2450.
Canon PIXMA MG2450 Specs
- Publish Resolution; As long as 4800 ¹ x 600 dpi, Launch Advancement; 2 CHARGE Cartridges (Black together with Colour), INKJET system with 2pl (mins.) ink bead size, Mono Print Rate; Approx. 8.0 ipm ¹, Colour Publish Rate; Approximate. 4.0 ipm ¹
- Scanner Kind; CIS flatbed photo as well as paper scanner, Scanner Resolution (Optical); 600 x 1200 dpi ¹, A4 Check Price; Approximate. 14 secs ¹
- Duplicate Rate; sFCOT: Approximate. 31 seconds ¹, sESAT: Approximate. 1.6 ipm ¹, Numerous Replicate; 21 duplicates (max.), Duplicate Attributes; File duplicating (regular paper).
- Paper Kind; Level Paper, Envelopes, Image Paper Plus Shiny II (PP-201), Photo Paper Glossy "Daily Use" (GP-501), Paper Dimensions; Regular paper: A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, Image paper: 10x15cm, 13x18cm, Envelopes: DL, COM10, Paper Weight; Degree paper: 64-- 105 g/m ², Canon picture paper: around 275 g/m
- Software program application Consisted of; MP driver containing Scanning Energy, My Image Lawn with Full HD Flick Launch ¹, Quick Food selection, Easy-WebPrint Ex-spouse Enthusiast (download) ².
- Weight; Approximate. 3.5 kg, Measurements (W x D x H); 426 x 306 x 145mm.
Canon PIXMA MG2450 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2450 Driver & Software Download - Windows, Mac, Linuxwww.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2450 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA MG2450 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|ScanGear MP Linux (Source file)||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|PIXMA MG2450 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and Software Canon PIXMA MG2450? Here we go.
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG2450
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG2450 by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your PIXMA MG2450 without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG2450 . If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG2450 using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG2450 .
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG2450 and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG2450 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG2450 Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG2450 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG2450 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG2450 .
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG2450 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG2450 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG2450 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG2450 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG2450 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG2450 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG2450 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2450 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG2450 . You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2450 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG2450 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG2450 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG2450, the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.