Canon PIXMA MG5140 - Individuals nowadays would rather buy multi-function printer which although be used as printer also for other jobs like regarding scanning document or copying document. Multi-purpose printer is surely help make work be practice because people don’t need to buy scanner device and copy machine considering that the function of each machine are available in one device. Multi-function printer becomes primary product from all of printer factories such as Canon which currently famous for the printer product. Canon introduced many multi-purpose printer products for the market and a single product which receives good understanding from individuals is Canon PIXMA MG5140.
Canon PIXMA MG5140 makes use of thermal inkjet technology printing and put in desktop. Functioning system which sustained by the printer will be Windows, Linux, and Mac. The actual printer has 2.35 inch color LCD show which can help when individuals want to look at the error or even correct the actual document or file just before printed, read, and copied. The actual printer which has measurement 455x160x368 mm for that width, peak, and deep has only weight 7.8 kilo. The power use of the printer is just 18 Watt functioning mode and 1.4 Watt within standby mode. The actual printer is surely really need small consumption of electrical power energy; additionally it is only producing noise 44.5 dB any time it’s working.
Such as Canon PIXMA MG2100, interfaces that supported by Canon PIXMA MG5140 are usually USB 2.0, card reader, also a handful of memory card like memory stick, SD, compact flash, memory stick duo, memory stick pro, MMC, memory stick pro duo, and XD image. You can also carry out the direct printing from your printer if you want to print quicker. The maximum dimension which can be taken care of by the printer is actually A4 with highest resolution 9600×2400 dpi. When it comes to scanner type is actually Tablet with optimum resolution 1200×2400 dpi and optimum scan size which may be handled from the scanner is 216×297 millimeters.
With the rise in popularity of digital cameras, the need for printing has risen dramatically. It really is convenient and easy in order to snap any photo on your memory card and obtain it in your computer or even your own printer. Photo printers are a great answer for people desperate to print their digital images.
Image is actually everything!
The important thing element in selecting a photo printer is image high quality. However, presently there a number of other characteristics that probably will be important also. Depending on the sorts of photographs you want to print, different printers can meet your needs. If you're not going to be printing anything at all larger than a great 8x10 photograph, any desktop printer is going to do the trick. That’s all about Canon PIXMA MG5140.
Canon PIXMA MG5140 Specs
Functions: Print, Scan, Copy and Wi-Fi; Print Engine: InkJet 5-ink with minimum 1 pl droplet size and FINE print head; Print Resolution: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi; Photo Lab Quality Speed: Borderless 10 x 15cm: Approx. 39 seconds; Mono Print Speed: ESAT: Approx. 9.7 ipm; Colour Print Speed: ESAT: Approx. 6.1 ipm; Borderless Printing: Yes (A4, 20 x 25cm, 13 x 18cm, 10 x 18cm, 10 x 15cm); Canon MG5100 Ink Cartridge Configuration: Single Ink technology - 5 separate ink tanks (PGI-525PGBK, CLI-526BK, CLI-526C, CLI-526M, CLI-526Y).
Canon MG5140 Scanner Specs
Flatbed CIS colour scanner; Film Scanning: n/a; Scanner Resolution Optical: Up to 1200 x 2400dpi; A4 Scan Speed (reflective): Approx. 17 seconds; Colour/Photo Copy: Yes; Copy Speed Colour Document: FCOT: Approx. 20 secs; Multiple Copy: max. 99 copies; Zoom: 25 - 400% in 1% increments and preset ratios.
Canon MG5140 Printer Features:
Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Camera Phone Printing, Document Printing, 4 in 1 / 2 in 1, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Continuous Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Fit-to-Page, Intensity, Manual Color Adjustment, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Trimming Copy, Zoom, Full HD Movie Print, ID Photo Print, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Direct Print (Memory Card/Camera/USB Flash Memory), Photo Printing, Template Print, Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan, Scan to Memory.
Canon PIXMA MG5140 Driver & Software Download - Windows, Mac, Linuxwww.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG5140 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|MG5140 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||Download|
|MG5140 series MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||Download|
|MG5140 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|MG5140 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||Download|
|MG5140 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||Download|
|MG5140 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP64/2000/Me)||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||Download|
|Printer driver (non-CUPS) for Mac (OS X 10.4/10.5)||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||Download|
|Linux IJ scanner driver source file For Linux (32-64bit)||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file For Linux (32-64bit)||Download|
|Linux IJ Scanner Driver For Linux (32-64bit)||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver For Linux (32-64bit)||Download|
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG5140
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG5140 by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your MG5140 without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG5140. If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG5140 using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG5140.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG5140 and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG5140 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG5140 Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG5140 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG5140 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for Canon PIXMA MG5140.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG5140 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG5140 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG5140 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG5140 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect Canon PIXMA MG5140 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG5140 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG5140 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from Canon PIXMA MG5140 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG5140. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG5140 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG5140 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG5140 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG5140, the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.