Canon PIXMA MG2220 - If your costs demand you may spend no more than $70 on any printer, the Canon PIXMA MG2220 is really a worthwhile alternative, as long as you're confident with its limits. At this value, don't expect to determine convenient characteristics like an auto document feeder, wireless accessibility, or even a complete one-year warranty. However Canon doesn't be cheap on its central competency; this product serves up superb copying, scanning, and photo quality result that can generate snapshots on element or even better compared to prints you'd probably get at the pay-per-photo kiosk. The company furthermore generously supplies the same computer software suite that bundles using its pricier designs, including My Image Garden with regard to photo organization and scrapbook and Full HD Film Print for pulling HD photographs out of suitable Canon digital video cameras. Boasting a remarkable list of characteristics and performance results to boot, the particular $69.99 Canon PIXMA MG2220 is a great selection for students and families on a fixed price range.
Canon keeps the actual hardware expenses down simply by not providing the PIXMA MG2220 a more sophisticated LCD screen, rather opting for a straightforward two-line readout that displays fundamental information such as the number of illegal copies you want from your copier. The remainder of the control panel is equally thin and includes single-function control keys for selecting press sizes, fit-to-page toggle, and dark and color scanning choices. One thing to notice about the seat is that you will want to look directly straight down onto it, thus you'll need to put it less than eye stage for best presence and access. Nonetheless, in a worst-case circumstance, you can always entry the entire exact same shortcut functions through the electronic options on the particular driver.
The MG2220 is incorporated in the first order of Canon photo printers to employ a new way of loading ink cartridges. The organization calls that "FASTFRONT," and it enables you to simply take down the door at the rear of the 100-sheet paper holder to expose the particular inks. The brand new method can make cartridge substitute easier, and you don't need to lift up the particular scanner lid to switch them. The particular minimal two-ink capsule system inside indicates this device just isn't ideal for printing order photos due to its limited color output. You can see in the Efficiency section of this kind of review that the PIXMA MG2220 nevertheless served upwards decent-quality snapshot images, but it's not necessarily their high quality that should issue you -- high-frequency photo designs on the "Best" top quality setting placed you at risk of investing more money ultimately on cartridge replacements than on the particular hardware by itself. Thanks for reading Canon PIXMA MG2220.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2220 Driver & Software Download - Windows, Mac, Linux
www.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2220 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA MG2220 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)|
|PIXMA MG2220 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|PIXMA MG2220 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)|
|PIXMA MG2220 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)|
|PIXMA MG2220 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|PIXMA MG2220 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)|
|PIXMA MG2200 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)|
|PIXMA MG2220 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)|
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and Software Canon PIXMA MG2220? Here we go.
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG2220
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG2220 by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your PIXMA MG2220 without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG2220. If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG2220 using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG2220.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG2220 and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG2220 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG2220 Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG2220 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG2220 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG2220.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG2220 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG2220 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG2220 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG2220 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG2220 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG2220 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG2220 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2220 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG2220. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2220 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG2220 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG2220 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG2220, the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.